Sunday, November 14, 2010

Keeping Promises

Yesterday I ran my first marathon. I've told myself for at least three years that someday I would do it - and I did!

The day was really perfect, 35 degrees or so to start and 65 or so to finish. Parts of the course ran along the James River, through neighborhoods with beautiful fall leaves and across a couple bridges, one with an awesome view of the Richmond skyline.

The best part however was the amazing running around my husband did in order to see me 7 times and my dear friends who certainly surprised me at mile 13 and at the finish! I'm so thankful for the support my dear and my friends have given me, yesterday and throughout my training!


Mile 1.


Mile 26!!


Finished!



Keep the promises you make to yourself.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

You make it look so easy!